While we are still in the early days of the papacy of Pope Francis, the reports, accounts, stories and insights continue to pour into the “newsverse.” I thought it might be helpful to have a summary of some of the ones I have seen that I think are helpful.
- Five tests of whether Pope Francis’ reform of the Vatican could be real by John Allen (March 22, 2013)
- Debunking three ‘urban legends’ about Pope Francis by John Allen (March 24, 2013)
- How long will the honeymoon over Pope Francis last? By David GiBson (March 23, 2013)
- CNN Poll: American Catholics approve of new pope
- Why Francis may like having Benedict around by John Allen (March 23, 2013)
There are lots of others posts available out there – one only needs to query. And while 88% of American Catholics are currently happy to extremely happy with his election, that still leaves 12% who are not – and some of their blogs are scathing. But I will leave you to find them
And for the history of Jorge Mario Bergoglio in graphic form, you can look here.