Four months ago, Florida announced its first coronavirus cases. On Sunday, it broke the US record for the number of cases reported in one day — 15,300 with positivity levels almost 20%. Reuters noted that if Florida were a country, “it would rank fourth in the world for the most new cases a day behind the United States, Brazil and India.”So I remain dismayed when I have to ask people to wear a mask while coming to church. But then I remain dismayed about many aspects of this crisis. While leaders will do what they will, we are people of prayer in the midst of pandemic and trials.
The Rosary is a remedy against severe trials, temptations and the hardships of life. This form of prayer is one of our great weapons in the battle against evil. Let us join together as one family and one community to pray for an end to the pain, discord and upheaval so many are experiencing. Let us ask Mary to intercede for us and pray for:
- The healing of all who have been diagnosed with COVID-19 or who experience anxiety, anguish and depression because of fear and isolation.
- The repose of the souls of all who have died from COVID-19.
- An end to the pandemic.
- Financial, food and housing security for all who face uncertainty because of job loss, illness or other hardships.
- Peace in our nation, our world and in our hearts.
- The conversion of all who do not believe in God, do not have hope and do not love Jesus.
- The courage to live the Gospel with joy and invite all to encounter the love and mercy of Jesus Christ.
- Click here to pray along on the diocesan website.