The Wolf of Gubbio

This summer marks the 15th year since the Franciscan friars arrived at Sacred Heart (2005). The friars assumed pastoral leadership from the Jesuits of the Southern Province, who had well served the people since 1882; diocesan priests serving the parish from 1860 until the Jesuit arrival. The Jesuits have left their mark in downtown by the amazing edifice that is our church. Their legacy also is appropriately displayed in their motto, Ad Majorem Dei Gloriam, to the greater glory of God,” which adorns the arch over the transept/sanctuary in the church. Continue reading